Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make us salivate... Yes, we love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But we STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need us? Why do you love us? Always and forever...

Friday, February 17, 2006

I Can't Believe We Haven't Altercated Over This Yet

The Brits - what's going on with you all out there? Surely there must have been at least one award winner that pissed you off, or a performance that was jank.

For my part, i was pleased the Arctic Monkeys got their award but not impressed by the "hilarious" jape of getting one of the geezers from We Are Scientists to do the acceptance speak. The Kaisers acted like twats when they got to the podium, but i still think their album is ace, and at least Ricky is a proper frontman. KT Tunstall was very tiny.

Prince was amazing, never realised how much of an axe god he is. His showette has also pushed Purple Rain up to second in my top 5 Prince songs (i feel another post coming here so won't reveal my no 1). Weller could have been a lot better, he just doesn't seem that bothered anymore. Kanye's dancers should have actually danced rather than just swanning about, painted gold. James f**king Blunt is the most whiney wretch to grace the charts...but seems like a nice bloke. Plus in the most complimentary of ways he reminds me facially of Jamie. Think it's the smile and eyes.

Rant over

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

What was the point of that Prince bit? Why was he there, and why was he deemed relevant enough to get 15 minutes of show time? I've never notice before how few lyrics there are in relation to the length of Purple Rain.

You could have gone down the list of nominees beforehand and picked who would win each award (I did). It's so bleedin' predictable that it's deeply pointless. I gave up after Prince, though, and went and did something less boring instead.

9:23 AM

 
Blogger Rufous said...

If you haven't seen the Prince bit in An Evening With Kevin Smith, then I should like to recommend it whole-heartedly. Makes Jackson sound quite well adjusted.

I generally don't pay much attention to the Brits - there must be far cheaper ways for the record industry to anounce how they want to share out the next year's sales. Yay to Tunstall and Johnson (what was his Naomi about?!) Here's hoping the Monkeys can keep it going musically rather than acting like a kid who's ODd on blue smarties forever more. As to the rest of em - your mum.

11:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only saw clips of the Brits not the full ceremony - I was surprised at the Kaisers winning best band after Coldplay got Album and Single but think they definitely deserved it. Saw another painful interview with Kanye West too - his music's OK but he seems to have absolutely no personality, with the gaps being filled by other people's adoration of him and his own ego. I guess if this were a modern-day fable you could draw a connection between that and his music being nothing once you strip away the samples of other people's tunes.

Prince looked brilliant in the (admittedly very short - no pun intended) clip I saw. I dislike Johnson and Blunt but they're both so bland as to almost be beyond criticism. I love the Brits, bit gutted I missed it but I'm sure that one of the ITV channels wil repeat it for me soon.

4:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home