Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make us salivate... Yes, we love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But we STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need us? Why do you love us? Always and forever...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

We're Mad on her

A total piece of non-news here. A couple of days ago i put The Immaculate Collection into the car cd player, stuck it on shuffle and then it played 4 of my top5 Madonna songs within the first 5 tracks! How spooky is that? Obviously this would be far more impressive had it played all of 5 of my faves in a row but aside from it playing Justify My Love instead of Like A Prayer, i was suitable chuffed.

So to spark up some debate and to find the Bluebird Club's favourite Madge tracks, here's my top5 (in order) to get the ball rolling
1. Vogue
2. Borderline
3. Express
4. Open Your Heart
5. Like A Prayer

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only offer a top four or a top ten as there are six songs I can't choose between:

1. Dress You Up
2. Get Into The Groove
3. Like A Prayer
4. Cherish

5= Little Star
5= Lucky Star
5= Crazy For You
5= Human Nature
5= Secret
5= Take A Bow

Like A Prayer used to be my favourite song but has been demoted after I fell over dancing to it at Guilty Pleasures (while attempting a move well beyond my capabilities).

I really like Get Together, Hung Up and Sorry from the new album too, and can see one of them jumping into the list at some point. Just a shame the rest of the album is such total jank.

3:21 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Off the top of my head:

1) Like a Prayer
2) Express Yourself
3) Live To Tell
4) Vogue
5) Ray of Light

This would probably be different if I had a full list of Madonna songs here...

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Actually, Take A Bow is joint 5th.

2:07 PM

 
Blogger Rufous said...

Crazy for You (closed ever teenage party I ever went to)
Live to Tell (theme tune to top top film)
Material Girl (would have been better if it had been Cyndi Lauper tho.)
Beautiful Stranger

And I can't believe no-one's got Hanky Panky in there.......

2:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very thought of Cyndi Lauper singing Material Girl has just ruined my Friday - I have an absolutely irrational hatred of her, and the whole squeaky voiced little girl thing.

Give me Toni Basil anyday (even if she looks like Keef's mum). Best choreoghaphy in a video ever.

3:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps Stu, if you're reading this, your email is bouncing back my messages! I'll be up for Dick and Dom so will be able to hear the doorbell.

3:42 PM

 
Blogger Jamie "BP" Osborne said...

1. Holiday.
2. Like a prayer.
3. Hanky Panky (It's a tune. I remember listening to that and Hammer on the way to the south of France an awful lot)
4. Ray of light.
5. Material Girl.
For the record Cyndi Lauper has two proper bo songs - (Goonies) Good enough and Time After Time which make up for any annoyance with her voice.

4:32 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

I toyed with "Crazy for You" for the RMGS school disco factor (and the fact it's a stonking song). This is just too difficult; couldn't we do it for an artist who is less a)good and b) prolific?

OK everyone, list you top 5 Junior Senior songs.

5:03 PM

 
Blogger Jamie "BP" Osborne said...

I only know one. How about top 5 Phil Collins songs?

6:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home