Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make us salivate... Yes, we love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But we STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need us? Why do you love us? Always and forever...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

With content this good, who needs headlines?

Three random celeb spots from London's glitzy West End yesterday:

Around 1pm - Robert Lindsay opposite Tesco in Covent Garden, looking hurried. He eyed my bag of fruit, I swear...

Around 6pm - the entire motorcade of Venezuelan big-cheese Hugo Chavez, blocking my route to the gym. His (not particularly inconspicuous) secret service bodyguard filmed me as they drove past.

Around 7.30pm - the return of the entire motorcade of aforementioned Venezuelan Blair-botherer as I exited the gym. Bodyguard took my photo as they past. Started to wonder if I made a bigger impression on South America than I had thought last month. Perhaps his whole visit is a covert mission to scope out my movements before a lightening strike on my North London hide-out...

Around 7.40pm - that bloke who occasionally gets on the tube at Charing Cross at the same time as me gets on the tube at Charing Cross... at the same time as me. I SWEAR he is Matt Everitt from Menswear. Really. If I'm right, he's gone quite grey. He dropped a CD from his bag and hurriedly gathered it, looking a bit shifty - perhaps a copy on the long-awaited Montrose Avenue comeback album?

I have applied to take over the Holy Moly column in the Metro, naturally.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt Everitt's now the entertainment news person on XFM, based in London's glamourous Leicester Square, so there's certainly a good chance he catches the tube at Charing Cross. Respect due for recognising a member of menswear. Even more so if he was the drummer (I think - apologies to you and keef for any mortal offence caused by me getting the menswear line-up wrong).

Maybe he'd just had a meeting with Chavez?

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Rufous said...

Have you ever tried reading all the articles in the Metro in a Ted Maul voice...?

11:39 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

WAR!!

No word of a lie, earlier this evening I fell into a kind of waking vision in which Chris Morris was flatly intoning the lyrics to "My Sharona" over images of recent British civil conflict (poll tax riots, brixton riots etc - the stock footage we all blankly accept as a part of our pasts now).

"Keeping it a mystery
Gets to me
Running down the length of my
THIGH! SHARONA!"

etc...

If I'd been to Goldsmith's, I could have been in with a shot for next year's Turner prize with the installation piece I could extrapolate from that...

12:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home