Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make us salivate... Yes, we love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But we STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need us? Why do you love us? Always and forever...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Movin' On (again)

So, for those who don't know as yet, I'm about to start a new job at Google.

It should suffice to say that I wasn't planning on leaving my current job anything like this soon (ie after barely more than a year) but when the biggest new media organisation in the world offers you a job it's kinda hard to say "no". And, freakily, my new ultimate boss will be Dave J's old ultimate boss, the mighty Eric Schmidt. This could be serendipity, or a sign of the smallness of the technology world.

Should be starting on the 18th December, if all runs smoothly. They give you free food; what was there not to love?

That said, they've courier(r)ed my contract to my old address so things aren't getting off on a great footing...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation Rob, sounds v exciting, will you be doing something similar for them ?

1:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Now that you're a fully fledged new media bod, are you going to sign up on facebook? Its good for networking but more importantly I need more friends!

This goes for everyone else too!

4:50 PM

 
Blogger Keef said...

We'd better all get on Facebook before Stu does, you know how much he loves all this computer stuff.

Congrats to you dude with the new job, you should write a self congratulatory riff on your new Strat.

8:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case anyone needs further encouragement to join up, i've just discovered a Mr Clifton appreciation society on there!!

6:15 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Ta folks.

Yup, it's a recruitment job, hiring people for them, abusing people who do what I do in my current job, basically. I shall enjoy that part.

I can sign up for Facebook, but mySpace is more problematic as is belongs to Murdoch - can't be seen to be sanctioning the competition!

6:52 PM

 
Blogger Jamie "BP" Osborne said...

Congrats Rob. Are you planning on coming to Mountain View? 10 mins from my house so I will have to take you out for some Mexican and drinks. Hop

9:47 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

I'm hoping to find an excuse to get out to California (my direct boss is actually based in Mountain View) so might be seeing you soon, with a bit of luck.

9:30 AM

 
Blogger Keef said...

If you get out there, can you bring me back some Six Dollar burgers & an Oreo shake from Carl's Jnr, please

4:30 AM

 
Blogger Jamie "BP" Osborne said...

The dude is obsessed with Carl's Jr. The obsession is a bit sick but the burgers are pukka. Now I have an in at Google, I'll forward you my resume Rob, and see where it goes.

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in keef's defence, Carl's Jr is amazing and one of the things i remember most fondly about SF. We had a Hardee's somewhere just off Route 66 but it wasn't the same. They didn't have the bbq burger with onion rings in it!

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home