Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make us salivate... Yes, we love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But we STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need us? Why do you love us? Always and forever...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Am I Getting Old?

Why is there so much utterly tossful music around? Kinda makes me glad that i'm gonna miss 9 months of Sandi "effing" Thom and Jack "shooby doo" Johnson all over the radio. However, I have some vex-ment happening;

1. Anyone heard Smile by Lily Allen? I really don't want to like this as,
(a) She is the daughter of Keith Allen,
(b) It's far to reggae influenced for my liking,
(c) She doesn't really sing, more talk in a tuneful way.
But I do feel strangely drawn to this track. Maybe it's this country's obsession with dinner party singer/songwriters releasing shit music for 30 somethings trying to be down with nu choons, that's warped my sense of taste.

2. Anyone heard anything by Bic Runga? One of her cd's is dirt cheap in the HMV sale and near the top of their most popular purchases list. Although this could mean she is another dinner party singer/songwriter releasing shit music for 30 somethings trying to be down with nu choons.

3. So, to combat all of the above is the latest single from my new favourite band
No chance of making the Top 10 cos it's not bland enough

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Pull Shapes' is the best single of the year BAR NONE. So far at least. And their best single since ABC.

Bic Runga - haven't heard anything by her/him/them, but from seeing it regularly splashed across the websites of ym clients i'm pretty sure they're a big name in NZ. Could be good preparation for when you head out there.....

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

There's an interview with Bic Runga on the Guardian website: http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/story/0,,1792019,00.html

This is the entirety of my knowledge on the subject.

I have still not heard the Pipette's song. I'm well out of touch. I still haven't been to Rough Trade since I started this job, despite being 5 minutes walk from Neal's Yard. I am clearly 30.

12:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home