Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make us salivate... Yes, we love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But we STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need us? Why do you love us? Always and forever...

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Charlotte Church Show

:-(

:-(

:-(

It's clearly not going to improve. They're obviously choosing guests who will just take over if Charlie runs out of stuff to say (ie people who've had their own shows before - Ruby Wax, Denise Van Outen etc) because they've realised that the host isn't up to carrying the whole thing. End the torture now, and replace it with reruns of My Name Is Earl.

Damn West Country hospital has given me the worst cold I've had in about 10 years. I'm not in a good mood.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh cripes, yes - I really like our girl Charlie Church but someone has got to put a stop to this. And soon.

I have seen just the one episode, which saw her do a very offensive sketch about Heather Mills McCartney and interview Denise Van Outen (inclusive of shared "Oh poor me, god I'm fat, but oh no, you're too kind, no, I love my curves, don't you?" whinge).
The best part was the very disturbing guest performance by a cowboy in a whip and an indian with sticks between his legs.

Following this show was an early episode of Ali G which to be honest, was a much better example of how to do a damn entertaining interview.
Aaaiii!!!

1:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Ali G repeats are rescuing Friday night TV at the moment. Charlotte Church's show seems to be based around the fact that "She's not afraid to speak her mind, that one", but unfortunately that's not enough to fill 50 minutes of precious TV time. And she's not really eloquent enough to come across as anything more than a (c)rude - if you're going to take potshots at people then you have to be witty, and not just make the same old gags about Heather M-M having woodworm.

6:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god - woodworm, never heard that one.. *clutches sides to prevent from possible splitting*

Sorry - erm yes. Agreed, 50 minutes of a Welsh ladette who used to sing classical music speaking her mind is a bit of an oxymoron. In a rather roundabout way.

What the devil am I talking about?? See, imagine this for 50 minutes. And the woodworm thing took up most of it.

12:22 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

It is cringeworthy. But am I alone in quite liking her theme tune?

5:12 PM

 
Blogger Jamie "BP" Osborne said...

It has been a while since I have seen Charlotte Church. Is she still Queen of the Chavs?

5:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the answer to that would be: Yeah but no but yeah but am I bovvered?

12:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home